Gulf Coast Hearing Center Offers the Best Hearing Aids
When your hearing begins to fade, it can be damaging to your mental health as well as your relationships as you struggle to stay connected with your loved ones. At G C Hearing Aid Center in Ft. Walton, FL, we provide patients throughout the area, including those in Panama City and Niceville, with the best hearing devices available on the market. With a wide selection of hearing aids customized to fit comfortably in and around your ear, you can experience the simple joys of spending time with your family. Contact our team today to schedule your hearing aid consultation and learn more about our hearing aid services.
Treating Hearing Loss with a Hearing Aid
Hearing aids are often the best solution for treating your hearing loss. Gone are the days of large, cumbersome hearing aids that offer unreliable results. At Gulf Coast Hearing Center, we have access to some of the leading hearing aid brands on the market, including Oticon. Oticon is an innovator in the industry that provides patients with exceptional comfort and long-lasting power for their hearing aids. Our hearing aid specialists can help find the hearing aid that is right for your lifestyle and needs. We offer a wide variety of different airing aids, including:
- In the Canal (ITC) – In the canal hearing aids fit comfortably inside of the canal of your ear. However, a portion of it rests outside of the canal. The ITC hearing aid is ideal for patients suffering from mild to severe hearing loss. They are custom-molded for the perfect fit.
- Completely In Canal (CIC) – Completely in canal hearing ads are virtually invisible and are housed entirely in your ear canal. Our hearing aids are custom-molded for the perfect fit.
- Behind the Ear (BTE) – Behind the ear hearing aids are one of the most durable hearing aid options available. Not only that, they allow for better volume control and most natural audio. BTE is the ideal hearing aid for patients who suffer from a broad range of mild to severe hearing loss.
How Do I Properly Maintain My Hearing Aid?
When your hearing aid breaks, it can be a frustrating and challenging time before getting a replacement. However, if you properly care for your hearing aid, you can expect it to last six to eight years. We believe it’s important to educate our patients about the proper care and maintenance for their hearing aid to prevent them from malfunctioning. Follow these tips to ensure you get the most from your hearing aid:
- Avoid Moisture – One of the most obvious ways to extend your hearing aid’s life is to avoid water and moisture. Your hearing aid is not waterproof, and the internal parts could be damaged if they come in contact with water. Make sure to remove your device before showering or entering a pool.
- Consider the Power Source – If you have a hearing aid that relies on batteries to operate, then it’s essential you replace the batteries often to avoid corrosion in the compartment. For rechargeable hearing aids, you should follow the manufacturer’s recommendation on recharging.
- Remove Earwax – When earwax builds up on your device, it can lead to a decrease in performance. Fortunately, you can easily clean your hearing aid each night with a dry cloth. There are also special tools available to help in the cleaning process.
- Schedule Cleanings – While at-home cleaning and maintenance are essential, routine maintenance from a knowledgeable and experienced professional will help extend the life of your hearing aid.
How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?
Hearing aids are an essential part of helping you live a better, more fulfilling life. Unfortunately, that can sometimes come with an expensive price tag. At Gulf Coast Hearing Center, we understand that you may feel apprehensive about the price of your new hearing aid. Our hearing aids come in a wide range of prices depending on the types of features and technology you’re looking for. When you choose us, our specialist will help you find the right hearing aid to match your budget and need. We have a wide selection of Oticon hearing aids available for purchase.
Choosing the Right Hearing Aid Specialist
When you’re in need of an experienced hearing aid specialist, choose the knowledgeable team at Gulf Coast Hearing Center. As a member of the BBB with an A+ rating, you can always count on us to provide you with superior care. With a wide selection of hearing aids from the industry’s leader, we can help you find the right hearing aid to match your lifestyle. Contact our team today to get started with a free hearing evaluation.